Aluminium windows are a great choice for any home, whether you’re looking for modern exterior design or you’d prefer to keep your home fitted with traditional style window frames. So why should you choose aluminium windows? And what are the best window maintenance tips? Learn everything you need to know from our ultimate guide now.
Why aluminium windows?
Benefits of aluminium windows
So, why should you choose aluminium windows for your home? Here are some of the benefits of aluminium windows which can help you make your decision:
- Slim sightlines – a common attraction to aluminium windows is their slim sightlines that don’t break up or look out of place. Window sightlines are the visible parts of the window frame and the bars that hold the panes together.
- Durable – these types of windows are resilient to corrosion and flexing, meaning their durability is proven.
- Lightweight – they don’t weigh too much, but they can also offer a versatile look to your home exterior.
- Green – aluminium windows are 100% recyclable, which contributes to having an environmentally friendly home.
- Heat protecting – these types of windows are also thermally efficient.
- Low maintenance – aluminium windows are almost completely maintenance free. Learn how to properly clean your aluminium windows later in this guide.
How long do aluminium windows last?
Typically, aluminium windows are designed to last around 15 to 20 years without maintenance. However, if you are particularly attentive and you take care of your windows (i.e. cleaning them regularly), this lifespan can be extended to around 30 – 40 years.
Aluminium windows: maintenance
Aluminium windows are often appealing to homeowners due to their minimal maintenance required in order to keep them clean. Typically, you’ll want to clean your aluminium windows around every 3-4 months.
How to clean aluminium windows properly
Simply, use a non-abrasive cloth and a mild detergent in warm water, and remove any of the marks from the frames using the cloth. Start from cleaning the top and work you way down to the bottom of the window. Remember to clean hidden spots or hard to reach areas, as dirt and debris can often build up over time – which can affect window drainage. To dry, use a soft cloth. Ready to purchase your own aluminium windows? Choose from our extensive selection, or discover our wide range of Reynears Aluminium Windows. Alternatively, get in touch or pop down to our Solihull showroom today.