When it comes to choosing a front door for your home, it can be a tricky decision. You want a door that not only has a warm and welcoming feel, but one that matches with the existing exterior of your house perfectly. Whether you prefer a more traditional feel to your home, or you’re looking to keep it contemporary with a modern twist, a composite door is the perfect choice. But what is a composite front door, and what is it made of?
So, what is a composite front door?
Composite front doors are the newest type of front door that are used within homes, as they use a combination of materials which have been selected for their specific advantages. Composite front doors are designed by considering common flaws that are often experienced in singular material doors. By having this design feature, this allows this type of door to essentially cancel out any previous design flaws of doors, whilst having the aesthetics to appear as an ordinary wooden door. They are a well-designed modern solution to front doors for your home, possessing a superior quality which makes them a popular choice among homeowners.
What are the benefits of composite front doors?
By having composite front doors, you’ll be able to receive a wide variety of benefits for not only your home, but for your bills and energy efficiency, too. Some of the benefits of composite front doors include:
- More energy efficient – this has been proven by energy rating labels that composite front doors provide a more energy efficient solution for your home. This is because they have a higher thermal resistance than wooden doors would, meaning they provide more insulation.
- Secure – by installing a composite front door, this is much more solid and secure than a traditional timber door. It’s also likely to be able to withstand any knocks and bumps than a traditional door – meaning that it’s a more solid and robust choice.
- High resistance – weathering can often affect the resilience of front doors, especially in particularly harsh conditions. However, a composite front door has high resistance to weathering.
- Aesthetically pleasing – not only will you be able to benefit from all the above advantages, but a composite front door is also aesthetically pleasing – with a wooden style aesthetic, this door offers a great addition to your home.
How much is a composite front door?
The cost of a composite front door depends on a variety of factors. Some of these include:
- Style of the door
- Door size
- Colour of the door
- Door hardware
- Security extras for the doors
Here at Framemaster, we can help you find the perfect composite front door to match your existing home style. Find a wide range of bespoke composite doors to suit each individual homeowner’s style. Whether you’d prefer a modern and contemporary door, or you prefer classic and traditional styles, we’ve got you covered. Get in touch with us today or visit our Solihull showroom for more information.