Window treatments and finishes are covers or modifications you can make to your windows to enhance the performance of your windows or improve the aesthetic in your room.
Types of window treatment and window treatment ideas
- Hard window treatments: internal and external window finishes made from wood, plastic, or vinyl such as shades, blinds and shutters are called hard window treatments. These types of window treatments can be used as a type of windowsill finishing, or to add privacy, insulation and control the amount of sunlight entering a room.
- Soft window treatments: window sheers, curtains, drapes and roman shades, made from softer materials. Similar to hard window treatments, softer treatments can be used to add privacy to your room, filter out sunlight or be used to add to the aesthetic of your room.
- Layered window treatments: This option is a combination of hard and soft window treatments such as having a combination of blinds and curtains in a room. We find this option is great to stop the warmth escaping your room, keeping out the draft and is a great window finishing to add to the décor of your room.
- Window Accessories: These are a great way to add to improve and add to the aesthetic of your home. Also, by updating your window handles and locks, you can help improve security in your home.
Why are finishing around windows used?
There are several reasons why any type of window treatments and types of finishing are used in a home or room. Some of our customers common uses are:
- Improve energy efficiency: windowsill finishings, such as window seals, are a great way to improve your carbon footprint by keeping the warmth in your home.
- Draught: window seals, curtains and blinds can help keep out a draught if you do not have double glazed windows. We recommend to all our customers to buy new windows every 15 – 20 years – however, this depends on the quality of your windows.
- Décor or aesthetic: Curtains are a great way to add to the aesthetic of your home. Window and door handles can also add a small touch to improve the décor in your room and match the rest of your scheme.
- Privacy & Security: hard and soft window treatments, such as curtains and blinds, can be used to add more privacy to your home by limiting or completely shutting out the outside. Window accessories, such as handles, are a great way to improve the security of your home.
At Framemaster, we offer an extensive range of windows in Solihull and Birmingham. If you are interested in updating the windows in your home, we have a great range of coloured windows which can be used to add a more aesthetic and eye-catching appeal, flush or storm windows to add a more modern appeal or add a classic and durable touch with our UPVC windows. If you would like to find out more about our window range, get in touch with our team.